A 35-year-old active police auxiliary was held in the San Pedro Police Station after he was allegedly caught selling illegal drugs on Monday.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said joint elements of PDEA XI, the Intelligence Branch of Davao City Police Office, and San Pedro Police Station conducted the buy-bust along Topaz Street in Marfori Subdivision, Barangay 9-A at 1:30 a.m.
The operation resulted in the arrest of Edmundo Biojon JR., 35, a resident of Phase 1, SIR Sandawa, Barangay 76-A. He was considered a high-value target.
According to the report, the suspect was arrested after he sold a sachet of shabu to a police operative who posed as buyer in exchange for P2,000.
Recovered from him with two sachets of shabu weighing 0.16 grams with an estimated street value of P2,000., a mobile phone believed to be used in drug transactions, and P390 in cash.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, said the arrested suspect was hired as a police auxiliary in August 2019.
“He was apprehended last March 15, 2015 in a buy-bust operation conducted by Talomo Police Station and was able to avail for plea bargaining for lesser offense and was just released from Ma-a City Jail last Feb. 12, 2019,” he said.
With the said accomplishment, Morales commended the operating team for a job well done.
He emphasized, “Our relentless efforts on anti-illegal drugs campaign is in line with our mission to give a safe, secured and peaceful life for everyone.”
Meanwhile, a case for violation of sections 5 and 11, Art. II of RA 9165 is now being prepared against the suspect.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021