The Davao Tourism Association (DATA) will mark its 45th anniversary by holding the One Davao Culinary Night on Sept. 28 in the Marco Polo Davao ballroom.
DATA president Gatchi Gatchalian said during the Kapehan sa Davao in SM City yesterday that the One Davao Culinary Night is a fundraising dinner event, which will also showcase the talents of local participants to help define Davao cuisine.
“Young and established chefs are working together and we invited two indigenous groups, the IP and Muslim, to represent all the other tribes. With those two inspirations, from where they came from, they will be able to come up with something that we can basically call Davao cuisine,” he said.
Hopefully, he said they can hold the event on an annual basis if the culinary night proves to be a success.
“We need more activities like this (One Davao Culinary Night) if we want to sustain our tourism initiative, especially here in Davao,” said Davao City Chamber of Commerce President Arturo Milan.
Gatchalian also said they hoped to share the recipes by publishing a book.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?