The Davao Tourism Association (DATA) will mark its 45th anniversary by holding the One Davao Culinary Night on Sept. 28 in the Marco Polo Davao ballroom.
DATA president Gatchi Gatchalian said during the Kapehan sa Davao in SM City yesterday that the One Davao Culinary Night is a fundraising dinner event, which will also showcase the talents of local participants to help define Davao cuisine.
“Young and established chefs are working together and we invited two indigenous groups, the IP and Muslim, to represent all the other tribes. With those two inspirations, from where they came from, they will be able to come up with something that we can basically call Davao cuisine,” he said.
Hopefully, he said they can hold the event on an annual basis if the culinary night proves to be a success.
“We need more activities like this (One Davao Culinary Night) if we want to sustain our tourism initiative, especially here in Davao,” said Davao City Chamber of Commerce President Arturo Milan.
Gatchalian also said they hoped to share the recipes by publishing a book.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1