The Davao Tourism Association (DATA) will mark its 45th anniversary by holding the One Davao Culinary Night on Sept. 28 in the Marco Polo Davao ballroom.
DATA president Gatchi Gatchalian said during the Kapehan sa Davao in SM City yesterday that the One Davao Culinary Night is a fundraising dinner event, which will also showcase the talents of local participants to help define Davao cuisine.
“Young and established chefs are working together and we invited two indigenous groups, the IP and Muslim, to represent all the other tribes. With those two inspirations, from where they came from, they will be able to come up with something that we can basically call Davao cuisine,” he said.
Hopefully, he said they can hold the event on an annual basis if the culinary night proves to be a success.
“We need more activities like this (One Davao Culinary Night) if we want to sustain our tourism initiative, especially here in Davao,” said Davao City Chamber of Commerce President Arturo Milan.
Gatchalian also said they hoped to share the recipes by publishing a book.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month