The Suawan-Kulafu subwatershed, which is part of the Davao River Basin, is set to be a recipient of a national convergence initiative for sustainable rural development project by various national agencies.
The National Convergence Initiative for Sustainable Rural Development (NCI-SRD) is an initiative to improve, conserve, protect, and implement environment-friendly programs and projects. It’s being implemented by the Department of Agriculture, Department of Agrarian Reform, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Interior and Local Government, through the
The Davao River Basin is the fifth largest river basin in Mindanao, which traverses the commercial, industrial, agro-industrial, and residential areas of the city.
The Suawan-Kulafu, meanwhile, has the highest surface and groundwater to yield because it registers the highest mean annual rainfall.
The said agencies are set to enter into a memorandum of agreement with the local government to develop the Suawan-Kulafu subwatershed convergence area. The agencies seek to pursue sustainable projects for poverty reduction, food security, biodiversity, conservation, and climate change adaptation.
Part of the convergence areas are barangays Magsaysay, Marilog, Malamba, Tamugan, Suawan, Dalag-Lumot, and Salaysay, according to Camilo Victoria, a forester for the DENR-Environmental Management Bureau XI.
They are also proposing to include Paquibato District as an expansion area due to its rich water resource. “The agencies concerned will unite its resources and expertise in the implementation of the convergence initiative,” said Josephine Martin of the City Agriculturist Office.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1