Six more Barangays in Davao Del Norte declared the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army persona non grata on August 30.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said identified them as barangays Magwawa, San Jose, Balagunan, Tulalian, Bobongon, and New Visayas, all of Santo Tomas town in Davao del Norte.
The ceremony in Barangay Jose covered court was witnessed by Santo Tomas Mayor Ernesto T. Evangelista; Mempin; and Lt. Col. Silas Trasmontero, the 89th Infantry Battalion commander.
Mempin said these barangays are already cleared from armed groups or NPA but they are adjacent to Davao City and Talaingod. They serve as escape or supply routes of the communist guerrillas..
“They decided to make barangay resolutions to support the call of Interior Secretary Eduardo Año for local executives and vulnerable groups like Lumads to make a stand against the CPP-NPA-NDF (National Democratic Front),” he said.
“This is also in connection to EO 70 or Task Force to End Local Armed Conflict,” he added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021