Six more Barangays in Davao Del Norte declared the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army persona non grata on August 30.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said identified them as barangays Magwawa, San Jose, Balagunan, Tulalian, Bobongon, and New Visayas, all of Santo Tomas town in Davao del Norte.
The ceremony in Barangay Jose covered court was witnessed by Santo Tomas Mayor Ernesto T. Evangelista; Mempin; and Lt. Col. Silas Trasmontero, the 89th Infantry Battalion commander.
Mempin said these barangays are already cleared from armed groups or NPA but they are adjacent to Davao City and Talaingod. They serve as escape or supply routes of the communist guerrillas..
“They decided to make barangay resolutions to support the call of Interior Secretary Eduardo Año for local executives and vulnerable groups like Lumads to make a stand against the CPP-NPA-NDF (National Democratic Front),” he said.
“This is also in connection to EO 70 or Task Force to End Local Armed Conflict,” he added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success