Six more Barangays in Davao Del Norte declared the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army persona non grata on August 30.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said identified them as barangays Magwawa, San Jose, Balagunan, Tulalian, Bobongon, and New Visayas, all of Santo Tomas town in Davao del Norte.
The ceremony in Barangay Jose covered court was witnessed by Santo Tomas Mayor Ernesto T. Evangelista; Mempin; and Lt. Col. Silas Trasmontero, the 89th Infantry Battalion commander.
Mempin said these barangays are already cleared from armed groups or NPA but they are adjacent to Davao City and Talaingod. They serve as escape or supply routes of the communist guerrillas..
“They decided to make barangay resolutions to support the call of Interior Secretary Eduardo Año for local executives and vulnerable groups like Lumads to make a stand against the CPP-NPA-NDF (National Democratic Front),” he said.
“This is also in connection to EO 70 or Task Force to End Local Armed Conflict,” he added.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead