Dodong Vertudazo conquered the treacherous trail of the Salomon Xtrail 2019 recently.
Vertudazo emerged as the victor in the 30-kilometer distance of the event which featured 70 degrees of elevation, knee-high stream traverse, downhill rappel and muddy path as organizers said the event is the toughest trail race in the Davao Region.
The 47-year-old Vertudazo crossed the finished line with a time of 3 hours and 58 minutes with Buddy Yparraguirre coming in second and Arlilito Cabrera third.
In the female category for the same distance, topping the race was Mariel Cantila, followed by Robelyn Baya and a third was Noemi Andrea Galeos.
In the 15-kilometer distance, winner in the male category was Paul Zafico, followed by Earl Justine Paraldo at second and Dante Desierto at third; while in the female category Cherrylyn Javellana emerged as first placer with Zarah Mae Gaum and Mary Joy Parocha, coming in second and third, respectively.
Organizers said about 330 participants joined the event both in the 15-kilometer and 30-kilometer categories.
Salomon Xtrail was powered by ROX, Sea-to-Summit, Barangay Waan, Kabalikat Radio, Anytime Fitness, Davao Adventure X and Everest Outdoors. CQF
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success