A new restaurant has opened at the food strip of Damosa in Lanang.
Stifanny Guira-Falconi, owner of Mossa Café and Bakery, said the place, an addition to the growing number of food places at the Floirendo-owned compound, is the extension of her family’s love to eat good food.
“We want to serve good food, so I decided to open this place,” Guira-Falconi told TIMES during the opening of the place recently.
What paved the way for opening the place, she added, was the invitation from one of the owners of Damosa, Ricardo Floirendo.
The restaurant, she added, also features food items that are the fusion of local ingredients as these are her way of formulating dishes from scratch.
One distinct feature of the place is its coffee, Maisog (brave or courageous), as beans come from local sources within the Davao and Cotabato Regions as well as Bukidnon. The fusion has a dark chocolaty flavor. “It is worth a try,” said Guira-Falconi who studied kitchen management and culinary as her way of preparing herself in running a restaurant.
It also has pastries as its breads are baked everyday and has homemade ice cream, particularly the one made of durian.
Opening at 8 am and closing at 9 pm, the place also offers all-day breakfast menu and an afternoon tea time menu seat that includes local delicacies like “puto bumbong.”
Guira-Falconi said all the personnel of the restaurant, eight of them, know how bake, cook and even become barista.
She named the place Mossa, a popular Brazilian name for “little girl” and is “movement in English as it features the restaurant personnel during their work by using the freshest of ingredients for its food items including pastries.
So, everyone is guaranteed to consume only fresh meals served to their table,” the statement from the restaurant said, adding that the place is also developing other food items that it has yet to unveil.
Guira-Falconi’s family is also behind Annabelles in Abreeza and Hairzone.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat