Violators of the sanitation code will be slapped with citation tickets as a response to the threat of dengue-carrying mosquitoes this rainy season.
The mandate is part of a detailed Executive Order, EO No. 33, series of 2019, signed by the Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte dated Aug. 5.
Duterte ordered barangays to continuously monitor their areas and impose a fine on violators of waste management and segregation ordinances.
Meanwhile, Duterte also directed each of the 182 barangays to create a Barangay Mosquito-Borne Viral Disease Task Force. The task force is mandated to conduct regular vector surveillance at the purok level.
The unit would then submit its report to their respective health districts and come up with monthly reports. The barangay-level task force is also required to come up with policy measures to implement anti-dengue measures.
EO No. 33 is titled “An order creating the Davao City inter-agency task force on mosquito-borne viral diseases prevention and control, defining its functions, and appropriating funds thereof.”
Members of the city-level task force includes the City Social Services and Development Office, City Information Office, Liga ng mga Barangays, Barangay Cultural and Community Affairs Division, Barangays, City Cooperative and Development Office, City Legal Office, Ancillary Services Unit, City Environment and Natural Resources Office, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, City Engineer’s Office, Business Bureau, and Public Safety and Security Command Center.
The Task Force also includes representatives from the Department of Interior and Local Government-Davao City, Department of Education, Department of Health, Department of Labor and Employment, Philippine National Police, Bureau of Fire Protection, National Commission on Indigenous Peoples, and Task Force Davao.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success