The city government has created a committee that would approve the height of buildings to be constructed in the city.
The city council approved on second reading the proposal which will form part of the amendments of the 2013 Zoning Ordinance.
Once approved, the measure will require developers to seek the approval of a committee called the Buildings and Structures Height Regulation Committee, aside from a height clearance permit from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.
The earlier version of the ordinance only required developers to obtain the height clearance from the CAAP.
The committee shall be composed of the City Mayor or the City Administrator as the chair, the City Building Official as the vice chair along with the City Planning and Development Coordinator. Other members of the committee are the City Engineer, City Architect, City Legal Officer, SP Chairperson or representative of the committee on housing and urban development, a representative from CAAP, the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, and the United Architects of the Philippines.
The membership of the Committee may be increased or decreased as necessary by the City Mayor upon recommendation of the Committee.
The Committee shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
• to act on all applications for building and structure height limits above the regular height set by the city for approval or disapproval; To determine the total floor area generated above the regular height limit that can be assessed for premium regulatory fees;
• to review, evaluate and consider Additional Floor Space Credits in the assessment of premium regulatory fees;
• And, to grant certificates for allowable height above the regular limit; to submit recommendations and resolutions to the sangguniang panglungsod pertaining to height regulation policies and other related schemes; and to perform such other functions necessary and proper in carrying out the provisions of the ordinance.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos