The City Council on Tuesday passed on first reading the proposal to boost Internet signal in Sangguniang Panlungsod, thanks to the collaboration between Smart Communications and Huawei.
In a letter addressed to Vice Mayor Sebastian Z. Duterte last July, Smart Communications manager of network build, Allan T. de Leon, said the SP was among the nominated buildings to be part of the program.
The telco said the project is part of its “thrust in investing in the most advanced technology to provide fast and efficient service to… customers.”
The project aims to provide and enhance indoor signal coverage for all Smart subscribers inside the Sangguniang Panlungsod and its premises. This is part of Smart’s In-Building Solution, which it pushed for the city in January this year.
The committee on information and technology, headed by former Councilor Joanne Bonguyan-Quilos, conducted an initial public hearing last April. The hearing was prompted by the letter request of Maureen Agyao, Smart Indoor Building Solution (IBS) project site acquisition representative.
On Jan. 19, Agyao wrote to Sanggunian Secretary Charito Santos and submitted two project designs. The item was forwarded to the committee on rules, privileges, laws, and ordinances.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon