The City Council on Tuesday passed on first reading the proposal to boost Internet signal in Sangguniang Panlungsod, thanks to the collaboration between Smart Communications and Huawei.
In a letter addressed to Vice Mayor Sebastian Z. Duterte last July, Smart Communications manager of network build, Allan T. de Leon, said the SP was among the nominated buildings to be part of the program.
The telco said the project is part of its “thrust in investing in the most advanced technology to provide fast and efficient service to… customers.”
The project aims to provide and enhance indoor signal coverage for all Smart subscribers inside the Sangguniang Panlungsod and its premises. This is part of Smart’s In-Building Solution, which it pushed for the city in January this year.
The committee on information and technology, headed by former Councilor Joanne Bonguyan-Quilos, conducted an initial public hearing last April. The hearing was prompted by the letter request of Maureen Agyao, Smart Indoor Building Solution (IBS) project site acquisition representative.
On Jan. 19, Agyao wrote to Sanggunian Secretary Charito Santos and submitted two project designs. The item was forwarded to the committee on rules, privileges, laws, and ordinances.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market