Strong winds damaged a purok in a hinterland barangay of the city last Sunday afternoon, an official from the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
CDRRMO head Alfredo Baloran said five houses in Purok 10 of Barangay Gumalang, Baguio District were slightly damaged after having been hit by strong winds and heavy rains around 5 p.m. Sunday.
“Our city government through the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) currently assists the families now in the evacuation center,” Baloran said in a phone call yesterday.
Other than their houses, the crops in their farms were also damaged.
Some trees were also uprooted because of the strong wind.
According to Baloran, the CSSDO is yet to report the total estimated damaged.
“The assessment is still currently done by the CSSDO and other concerned local offices,” Baloran said.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online