Strong winds damaged a purok in a hinterland barangay of the city last Sunday afternoon, an official from the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
CDRRMO head Alfredo Baloran said five houses in Purok 10 of Barangay Gumalang, Baguio District were slightly damaged after having been hit by strong winds and heavy rains around 5 p.m. Sunday.
“Our city government through the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) currently assists the families now in the evacuation center,” Baloran said in a phone call yesterday.
Other than their houses, the crops in their farms were also damaged.
Some trees were also uprooted because of the strong wind.
According to Baloran, the CSSDO is yet to report the total estimated damaged.
“The assessment is still currently done by the CSSDO and other concerned local offices,” Baloran said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market