Strong winds damaged a purok in a hinterland barangay of the city last Sunday afternoon, an official from the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
CDRRMO head Alfredo Baloran said five houses in Purok 10 of Barangay Gumalang, Baguio District were slightly damaged after having been hit by strong winds and heavy rains around 5 p.m. Sunday.
“Our city government through the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) currently assists the families now in the evacuation center,” Baloran said in a phone call yesterday.
Other than their houses, the crops in their farms were also damaged.
Some trees were also uprooted because of the strong wind.
According to Baloran, the CSSDO is yet to report the total estimated damaged.
“The assessment is still currently done by the CSSDO and other concerned local offices,” Baloran said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success