The city government will honor athletes who brought home awards from different regional, national, and international sports competitions this year by giving them cash awards.
The City Information Office bared that they will get additional cash rewards from the city government “for bringing honor and pride to the city.”
Athletes who bagged gold medal awards in international events will receive P30,000; P20,000 for silver medalists; and, P10,000 for bronze medalists.
Meanwhile for the winners in national sporting events, the gold medalists will receive P12,000; P10,000 for silver medalists; and P8,000 for bronze medalists.
For local events, the athletes who won the gold will get P10,000; P8,000 for silver medalists; and P5,000 for bronze medalists.
“Giving the cash rewards is the city government’s way of thanking athletes for bringing honor to the city and the Dabawenyos in general,” said Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte.
He added that this would inspire other young Dabawenyos to channel their talents and capabilities in a good way, such as sports.
“Continue to commit to sportsmanship and aim high in your future endeavors and use sports for social change and fairness and respect to each other,” Baste said, addressing the athletes.
“We are proud of you every time you represent the city. I am hoping that you will continue what you have started. Stay away from illegal drugs and just focus on your sports,” he added.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month