An alleged drug pusher was killed by agents of the Sasa Police Station in a buy-bust operation conducted in Zone 4, Km. 13, Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District on Saturday at 2 a.m.
Major Reuben Libera, the Sasa Police Station commander, identified the fallen suspect as as Doke Lacorte, 27, male, single, jobless, a resident of Km. 11, Fatima, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
Libera said Lacorte was included in the station’s watchlist as he was pushing drugs within the area of responsibility of Sasa Police Station.
The operation was conducted in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI.
Based on the initial investigation, Lacorte handed over a sachet containing suspected shabu to a police buyer during the buy-bust, said Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO).
But before the police officer could announce the arrest, the suspect pulled a caliber 22 revolver.
Apparently sensing that he was dealing with a police officer, he shot the buyer.
The officer, however, fired back.
The suspect was hit on his body causing his instantaneous death.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) team led by Maj. Armando Galigo Jr. recovered the revolver, two fired cartridge cases of caliber 22, four caliber 22 bullets, a fired cartridge case of 9mm, a digital weighing scale, and a sachet of shabu.
Libera said the operation was a result of the intensified campaign of the police to eradicate the drug proliferation.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success