The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) recently launched a One Town, One Product (OTOP) hub at the Davao International Airport to help small and medium enterprises mainstream their products.
“The intention of OTOP is to have another platform for SMEs where they can launch their products in the mainstream market after the Go Lokal where what are mostly catered to are high-end products. But we also would want to help other products that are not yet very advanced in terms of packaging,” Maria Belenda Ambi, regional director of DTI Davao Region, said last Friday when the agency partnered with the Food Processors Association of Davao City Inc. (FoodPAD) for the OTOP Hub located at the 2nd Floor of the Davao International Airport.
According to Ambi, the OTOP Hub is the project of the national office of the agency and they provided technical assistance in the different regions in the country.
“Their target is the international Airport where there is traffic of people. Here in the region, we targeted the Davao International Airport,” Ambi said.
OTOP enables localities and communities to determine and promote products that are rooted in their local culture and competitive advantage.
The OTOP Hub serves as a one-stop retail store where market ready products can be found. It caters to the general mainstream market of both local buyers and tourists.
Most of the items displayed are food products from the members of FoodPAD including chocolates, fruit candies, chips, juices, and others that can serve sa Pasalubong.
“We prioritized food products especially that our hub is in the airport so we can serve those who are looking for easy to buy and easy to carry items,” Ambi said.
She added that the space of the hub is two meters by two meters in in size was approved by the Civiil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.
Other two outlets of the OTOP hub is targeted in Digos City, Davao del Sur and in Tagum City in Davao del Norte.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success