The PEACE 911 Dos has completed its Panag-ambit, the needs assessment for its expansion to the third congressional district in the city after Paquibato District, its pilot area in the second congressional district.
“We already conducted the first phase of our usual activity on the ground for the expansion of the Peace 911. We call it the Panag-ambit. The mayor (Sara Duterte) saw the effectivity of the Peace 911 in Paquibato so they expanded it to another districts,” said Roger Baay, the Focal Person for Peace 911 Dos.
The Panag-ambit serves as the needs assessment for the affected residents coming from various sectoral groups such as the youth, women, farmers, and faith-based organizations within the barangay. There are also representatives from the barangay functionaries.
“The basic purpose for the panag-ambit is to know their immediate needs. Among the activity is to group the residents according to their sectors and then we extract their immediate concerns so that we can analyze the methods to help them,” Baay said.
“Then another part of the activity is among the barangay officials where they will also share top three problems,” he added.
Based on the needs assessment, Baay said they will have some modifications on the methods they will implement to address the needs in the third districts.
“The third district is much progressive than Paquibato (in second district) so we also have to modify our framework. There are also less barangays in the third district that are influenced by the left,” Baay said.
However, the common problems mentioned in the said needs assessment include fear of security as well as the lack of basic delivery of services from the government.
The Panag-ambit was divided into five third-districts barangays – Baguio, Toril, Calinan, Marilog and Tugbok, which started last July 26 and ended last August 23.
Based on the said needs assessment as well, the initial 18 focused barangays for the Peace 911 Dos were narrowed to 13 focused barangays. Baay said he is yet to disclose the 13 barangays due to security concerns.
The Peace 911 is a localized peace and development initiative program of the City.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission