An alleged gunrunner was arrested by operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and Compostela Municipal Police Station in Purok 7, Barangay Poblacion, Compostela Valley at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Rudy Mahinay Binag, a resident of the area.
According to the report by Capt. Ricky Fornolles, CIDG-ComVal, a concerned citizen tipped off the authorities that the suspect was tucking a gun in his waist while drinking inside an establishment.
Officers, led by Fornolles and Maj. Darwin Dura of the Compostela MPS, arrested Binag. Seized from him were one .38 caliber revolver, along with three bullets, and one grenade placed inside a sling bag.
The suspect is now temporarily detained in the Compostela Municipal Police Station.
Col. Edilberto Leonardo, regional chief of the CIDG Regional Field Unit XI, said the community has a role to play in running after criminals.
“We will not discount any report tipped to us by the concerned citizen and confidential informant,” he said.
He said the information given to them by a concerned citizen only proves that the PNP is now regaining the public’s trust. “They are now helping the police to look for the criminals,” he said.
The suspect is facing a case for alleged violation of RA 10591, which covers illegal possession of firearms, and RA 9516 , which covers possession of explosives, said Maj. Milgrace Driz, the assistant regional director of CIDG XI.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success