About 50 investors are joining the Japanese delegation that is visiting the city in October to mark the 100th year of Japanese presence here.
In his privilege speech Tuesday, Councilor Javier Campos, chair of Committee on International Relations, said: “The celebration will commemorate 100 years of Japanese settlement in the city around 1920 and to promote Japan as well as to strengthen Japan-Davao relationships in the fields of culture, business, tourism and food culture.”
Consul General Yoshiaki Miwa of Japan’s Consulate General Office in Davao also said that the developments of the Consular General Office in Davao signify the need to further enhance the relationship of Davao-Japan.
“We have to enhance the relationship between Davao and Japan. And in this mission, it is very important to enhance the economic relationship,” Miwa said.
The 50 businessmen will explore business opportunities in the city, Campos said.
“Big media personnel from Japan will also be coming in to see how will they might be able to work with our city and provide business opportunities,” Campos said.
Campos also said that they will also discuss with the Japanese delegation for a possibility of an establishment of an industrial park.
“Consul General Miwa has emphasized Japan’s interest in economic development cooperation with focus on company-to-company business pairing strategies between Japanese and Davao-based companies and the possibility of building Japanese Industrial Park in the city in the future,” Campos said.
The councilor also added that he and Miwa also discussed the slated bypass road in the city.
“The Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) has given a few grants in our country. In Davao, they are working on a bypass road. ConGen Miwa said there are some delays with the plan and in order to make up for the plans, instead of sending one tunneling machine, they will be sending four,” said Campos.
JICA is financing the bypass road project which has an estimated cost of P14.23 billion and is initially targeted to be completed by 2021.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1