Students of Bongao, the provincial capital of Tawi-Tawi, were the recipients of the School-in-a-Bag portable digital classrooms and Infocast SMS solution in a ceremony held last August 1 in Zamboanga City.
Bongao Mayor Jimuel Que received the award as an incentive for bagging the prestigious Seal of Good Education Governance, presented by Synergeia Foundation and USAID Philippines.
Que emphasized how their local government recognizes education’s crucial role in their community, which is why they uphold good governance in education.
“We hope for continuous sustainable partnerships to strengthen more educational programs in our area,” Que said.
The School-in-a-Bag was jointly donated by digital services provider PLDT and its wireless subsidiary Smart Communications. A second learning package was funded by PayMaya Philippines through their #PayMayaItForward corporate social responsibility initiative.
It comes in a water-resistant backpack that contains a solar panel and battery, teacher’s laptop and tablet, Smart pocket WiFi, projector, DVD player, TV, and student tablets, and re-installed with educational content.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market