The City Council passed on final reading the amendments to the 2017 Revenue Code, specifically on the service charge for garbage collection.
The committee on finance, ways and means, and appropriations passed the amendments last Tuesday during the regular session which lowered the tipping fee from P3 per kilo to P2 per kilo of garbage dumped at the sanitary landfill in Barangay New Carmen, Tugbok District.
“This is from the request of the small garbage haulers. This is just a very minimal request from them that will also help them for their profit,” said Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, chair of the committee.
Previously, a group of private trash haulers and recyclers complained about the P3 tipping fee for the sanitary landfill.
According to Andre Bucu of ABB Scrap Green Solutions, the P3 per kilo tipping fee pursuant to the said Revised Revenue Code of 2017 is “too high and maintaining such would be unsustainable for our operations.”
Another group composed of Pascaul Trangia, Norbel Aguilles, Jimmy Galve and Arnel Gorre signed the letter which said that they are not only engaged in business, but are also “helping the city save time, fuel cost, manpower, trucking, and maintenance cost.”
The groups proposed to have the tipping fee at P1 per kilo or to have a monthly service charge at P10,000. However, the committee approved the P2 tipping fee to meet half-way for the benefit of the small trash haulers and the local government.
The private trash haulers were commissioned by the city government to collect the trash from private subdivisions, shopping malls, and other commercial establishments.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success