Davao City – Karate Pilipinas Incoporated Davao Chapter is all set to compete in the 2019 Batang Pinoy National Championships in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan this August 25 to 31.
“It will be a lean but mean line-up and we hope we could bring home medals,” said Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Region XI director Rommel Tan.
Bannered by karatekas from the AAK (Association for the Advancement of Karatedo) Davao, KPI-Davao will pin its medal hopes on John Philip Cagandahan, Robert Lawrence Avancena, Kyzzhia Navarro, Aldren Solon and Stephen Cartagena with coach Jeofrey Albarico when they play in the Kata and Kumite events.
Team KPI-Davao took part on last Monday’s (August 12, 2019) Davao City Athletes and Coaches Recognition Night wherein they were acknowledged by Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte and City Sports Development Division officer in charge Mikee Aportadera.
Joining them at the recognition rites were co-AAK Davao karatekas Gabriel Quinones, Adrian Paul Ilaya, Julian Ramirez and KPI-Davao city director Chris Campomanes who were also laud after impressive performances in the recent BIMP-EAGA Games.
Team KPI-Davao will be among the 10,000 atheletes, coaches, technical and delegation officials from all over the country expected to take part in the 31 sporting activities.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories