A gym instructor and his two cohorts were arrested in a drug buy-bust along Mabini Extension, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City at 12:40 a.m. on Saturday.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, police regional director, identified the gym instructor as Elnor Magali, 27, single, and a resident of Purok Islam, Lopez Jaena Extension, Barangay Zone 1, Digos City.
Also arrested was Amerodin Imam., 25, driver and a resident of Purok Islam, Lopez Jaena Extension, Barangay Zone 1, Digos City; and Christian DaugDaug, 18, single, unemployed, and a resident of Purok Gemelina, Barangay San Jose, Digos City.
Joint elements of Digos City Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI-Davao del Sur allegedly seized 0.04 grams of suspected shabu and drug paraphernalia from three drug suspects during the operation.
“The illegal drugs seized from the suspects during the buy-bust operation had an estimated street value of P4,000,” Morales said.
The seized items were brought to the Davao del Sur Provincial Crime Laboratory Office for examination.
The suspects are now detained and will be charged with violation of sections 5 and 11 of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“Rest assured that more drug suspect personalities will fall into our trap as we intensify our campaign in the following days,” Morales said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos