The City Council yesterday approved on final reading the Supplemental Budget 1 amounting to P1,474,394,612.
Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, chair of the committee on finance, ways & means, and appropriations, said one of the salient allocations in the SB1 is the P31.75 million performance-based bonus to regular city government employees.
A total of 2,585 plantilla regular employees will receive the bonus.
“Since this ordinance is already approved, employees will be able to get their bonus as soon as possible. Qualified employees will get as much as 60% bonus, not lowering to 50%, depending on their performance,” Dayanghirang told reporters in the sidelines of the session.
The veteran councilor manifested that the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) has allowed the city government to grant the performance-based bonus for local government officials and employees.
“Congratulations to the city employees and I hope you will do better because the government is generous to you,” he said.
Other allocations include a P100 million for the Davao Interim Bus System, the P3.4 million for the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and the P70 million for Tourism Promotion Program.
A P160 million budget is also set aside for the solid waste management, and another P6 million budget for the deputization of collectors for the quarrying in the city.
The councilor also mentioned they will appropriate P2.2 million for the elevator at the Sangguniang Panlungsod building.
Other allocations include also development programs, livelihood assistance programs, barangay development enhancement programs, among others.
The SB1 is sourced from surplus funds, reversions of appropriations, loan collection, among others.
The P1.47 billion SB1 will add to the P8.8 billion budget of the city.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?