The city government has warned those those selling tour packages without licenses that it will run after them.
“We have been warning in our Facebook page and our website for the tour operators and event organizers to get business permits before they operate but others really do not listen,” said City Tourism Operations Officer Regina Rosa D. Tecson.
Tecson said during the recently-conducted surprise inspection with the Business Bureau, they were able to apprehend a tour operator.
The agency is asking the City Legal Office on ways to sanction those violating the law.
“The owner said she is still processing for the documents but that is not an excuse. The documents must be already in place before one can operate their business,” Tecson said.
“They also (provide) tours and tickets not just in the Philippines but also abroad. This is very, very dangerous,” she said, as she cited that in the case of the tour agency that was found violating the law, it did not even have a business address.
“So if something happens to their clients, where shall look for them?” she said, adding that tour operators “must always indicate the time and place for the pick-up and should note that pick-ups must not be in isolated areas.”
The CTOO also noted that the vans used for the travels did not also have business permits.
“One of the vans comes from Matanao, Davao del Sur, so, how can you conduct business here in Davao City?” she asked.
According to Tecson, the tour operator claimed it had a permit for ticketing, but even it had, it “can’t sell tours.”
“To those who are advertising in social media, we are asking you to cease and desist from advertising tours unless you have proper papers,” Tecson reminded.
On the other hand, Tecson said they are currently studying to have moratorium for ticketing agencies “because they do not exist in the kinds of businesses under the Department of Tourism.”
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB