The Davao Region Police Office won’t play favorites while implementing the massive regular promotions program.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, the regional police director, assured that each deserving police officer will get a shot regardless of whether they know somebody or not.
They created an oversight committee, composed of members of the promotional board for commissioned officers and non-commissioned offiers, that will review the applications.
“They have to undergo a rigid process of screening and evaluation to meet the qualification standards such as education, experience, training and eligibility before they are promoted to the next higher rank,” he said.
Aside from the impressive credentials, he said a police officer must possess good moral character, as well.
“No matter how good you are, if you are involved in anomalies, in corruption, in abuse of power while you were a station commander or head of an office, it’s plus 10 minus 10, so zero ka pa rin,” he added.
For the rank of Police Major, there are 29 police captain applicants for the rank of police major. There are eight police lieutenants who applied for the rank of police captain. Meanwhile, there are eight police executive master sergeants who applied for the rank of police lieutenant.
As of now, the Directorate for Personnel and Records Management ( DPRM) has not yet released the approved quotas for every region to fill up the vacancies for each rank from police commissioned officers and non-commissioned officers.
According to Morales, the PNP is employing transparency and integrity in the administrative processes to eliminate possible opportunities for unwanted and irregular practices like undue influence, favoritism, fraud, and corruption.
Likewise, the observance of promotion is to give honor and recognition to PNP uniformed personnel, as well as uplift the morale of the police force.
The list of candidates for 2nd Semester CY 2019 Regular Promotion for PCOs is already posted on the region’s official social media sites (for Facebook: Pulis Rehiyon Onse II and Police Regional Office 11 FB Page and on the PRO XI website).
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant