The 10th Infantry Division recorded significant gains against the New People’s Army, which reportedly continues to suffer reduction in support, firearms, and manpower.
Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th ID, said during the 13th founding anniversary last Friday in Barangay Tuboran Mawab, Compostela Valley, that the peace and development agenda of the government is working.
“In a span of one year we have doubled the efforts in focused military operations,” he said.
He said they recorded 2,000 former rebels who surrendered to different units since January of this year.
They also surrendered a total of 274 high-powered firearms and 216 low-powered firearms, as well as a number of improvised explosive devices. Military operations also resulted in the capture of 133 rebel encampments. Meanwhile, 92 affected barangays were cleared from rebel infiltration and influence during that span.
“We are optimistic that there will be more surrenderees in the near future as this command will do all means to isolate the enemies of the state, as well as to help those who concede,” he added.
As a result, the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee, which he described was one the most organized and well-funded NPA units, “is now forced to do a strategic retreat outside of our area of responsibility in order to preserve their forces from being totally annihilated.”
Also in his message, Lt. Gen. Macairog S. Alberto, the commanding General of the Philippine Army commended the 10th ID.
“I congratulate the officers and enlisted personnel for the outstanding work you have done in keeping and soaring high in obtaining the peace and development in Southern Mindanao,” he said.
Also, during the celebration, military officers and enlisted personnel and stakeholders were awarded by the command for their valuable effort and support to the campaign against insurgency.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021