Eighteen contingents vying in three categories competed in the Indak-Indak sa Kadayawan 2019, showcasing Davao’s rich culture through dance, yesterday.
The winner for the Champion Circle Category, bagging P1.2 million cash prize, was the Sta. Ana Performing Arts Guild.
Mabini National High School – Special Program in the Arts got the second award while the Sining Sayon Dawet Cultural Ensemble (DCNHS) got the third place.
The Sta. Ana Performing Arts Guild also bagged the special awards for Best Music and Best in Artistic Design.
In the Open Category, Sindac Anib Performing Ensemble of Bislig – Surigao del Sur bagged the first place with P1 million prize.
The second placer was the Elizalde National High School from Maco, Compostela Valley while the Mati National Comprehensive High School got the third place.
Bagging the 4th and 5th places were Lupon National Comprehensive High School in Davao Oriental and Kablacan Integrated School in Sarangani, respectively.
For the special awards, the Best in Artistic Design and Best Music were awarded to Sindac Anib Performing Ensemble of Bislig in Surigao del Sur.
For the Davao City School-based Category, Catalunan Pequeno National High School won the first spot with a P1 million cash prize.
Magallanes Elementary School, Buhangin District Performing Arts Guild, Don Juan Dela Cruz Central Elementary School and Lapu-Lapu Elementary School ranked second to fifth, respectively.
The Best Music award went to Catalunan Pequeno National High School while the Best artistic design went to the Magallanes Elementary School.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories