Habi Kadayawan has gone Mindanao-wide for the first time. The Fashion Accessories and Luxe Apparel Design Competition is a joint project of the City Government of Davao Kadayawan Executive Committee and the Davao Fashion and Design Council Foundation, Inc.
It is a curated event by PWC of Davao Mindanao Folk Arts Museum Artisanal Heritage Studies and Creative Enteprise Center, a CHED-IDIG grantee and British Council Creative Innovators Program Fellowship recipient.
Speaarheaded by the Davao Fashion Design Council, Habi Kadayawan is a Fashion Accessories and Apparel Design competition that has been bringing Davao dersigners together for three years now as part of the Kadayawan festivities.
This year marks a milestone as submission has been opened to participants from Regions 9, 10, 11, 12, Caraga Region and the ARMM.
Participating designers were challenged to create functional, marketable and original fashion accessories and formal luxe wear featuring iconic patterns, materials amd techniques from the artisanal culture of the 11 Kadayawan Tribes of Davao tweaked in contemporary style. The competition was broken down into two events, the Formal Luxe Apparel and Fashion Accessories with three categories: professional, student and hobbyist/artisan.
This years’s foster of judges for the Fashion Accessories included accessories designer Adante Leyesa, Lifestyle Writer and art enthusiast Mons Romulo and jewelry designer Ann Ong. For Luxe Apparel, entries were under the scrutiny of internationally-acclaimed fashion designer Ito Curata, former president of th Fashion Design Council of the Philippines JC Buendia and the executive direcxtor of Manila FAME’s organizing body, Pauline Suaco-Juan.
Habi Kadayawan Accessories and Luxe Apparel Winners for Accessories Category: Patrick Gabutina; Fashion Accessories Professional Category: Stephen Azarcon; Fashion Accessories Student Category: Dennis Almoroto; Fashion Accessories Hobbyist Category Winners for Luxe Apparel Category Grand Winner: Mark Suralta Pabon;
1st runner up: Shine Casiño, 2nd runner up: Jun Artajo. Habi Kadayawan Accessories and Luxe Apparel Winners for Accessories Category: Patrick Gabutina; Fashion Accessories Professional Category: Stephen Azarcon; Fashion Accessories Student Category: Dennis Almoroto; Fashion Accessories Hobbyist Category Winners for Luxe Apparel Category Grand Winner: Mark Suralta Pabon; 1st runner up: Shine Casiño; 2nd runner up: Jun Artajo.
Photo Credits: Ambo Mesias
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success