The Police Regional Office XI arrested 360 fugitives for the month of July alone.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional director, said that among the top arrests included Ronnie Campaner, 51, said to be a commanding officer of Guerrilla Front 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Command.
He’s listed in the AFP’s national most wanted persons list.
Likewise, on July 18, 2019, Richard Gulfan Orayan, 43, a resident of Purok 1, Sto. Niño, Talaingod, Davao del Norte, was arrested in Talaingod, Davao del Norte for kidnapping under Criminal Case No. 13799 issued by Regional Trial Court Branch 48 Judge Jacinta b. Tambago dated May 27, 2009.
Orayan was allegedly a member of Pepino Kidnap for Ransom Group, involved in the kidnap for ransom of the following victims: Enrique Carlos in October 2005; Anton Yang Jr in February 2006; Santos Nang in April 2006; Josuha Ferias in January 2006; Jasmin Perez in December 2006; Kenneth Mark Jade Reyes in November 2006; and Reynaldo Santillan in December 2008.
Adding to the list was a 42-year-old farmer, resident of Purok 18, Barangay Casoon, Monkayo, Compostela Valley, the top most wanted man in Monkayo for the crime of rape. He was nabbed at 6 p.m. on July 15, 2019.
Helig was charged with two counts of rape in April 2018 for sexually assaulting his 14-year-old daughter.
Meanwhile, Morales praised the efforts of the different intelligence units in the region. Leading with the most number of arrest was Davao City Police Office with 143; Second was Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office with 57; and third was Compostela Valley Police Provincial Office with 54. Rounding up the list were Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office (46 arrests); Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office (42); and Davao Occidental with 18 arrested fugitives.
“Rest assured that the PRO XI will not stop until those wanted persons will be all behind bars,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success