Two grandmothers were arrested for allegedly playing a local card game called “tong-its” in Purok 13-A, Barangay Bugac, Talomo District on Wednesday.
They were identified as Odella Omadle Caneda, 70, and Liliana Lopez Osorio, 63. Also arrested was Angelo Ramon Maleday, 34.
Agents of Talomo Polcie Station confiscated a set of plastic playing cards and P225 in total bet money.
The trio, now under the custody of the Talomo Police Station, will be charged for violating PD 1602.
Police are conducting crackdown on gambling following the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte. The Regional Police Office vowed to relieve police station commander if they could not curb illegal gambling in their area of jurisdiction. By James Gabriel Malit/UM Intern
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed