Two grandmothers were arrested for allegedly playing a local card game called “tong-its” in Purok 13-A, Barangay Bugac, Talomo District on Wednesday.
They were identified as Odella Omadle Caneda, 70, and Liliana Lopez Osorio, 63. Also arrested was Angelo Ramon Maleday, 34.
Agents of Talomo Polcie Station confiscated a set of plastic playing cards and P225 in total bet money.
The trio, now under the custody of the Talomo Police Station, will be charged for violating PD 1602.
Police are conducting crackdown on gambling following the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte. The Regional Police Office vowed to relieve police station commander if they could not curb illegal gambling in their area of jurisdiction. By James Gabriel Malit/UM Intern
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC