Davao City – Team Diagold completed a come from behind win to crown themselves as this year’s 34th Kadayawan sa Dabaw Duckpin Bowling tournament champs played at the Fairlanes Bowling and Recreation Center.
Team Diagold having the father and son tandem of Nonoy and Jayvee Baluyot, Fritz Barros, Ma-an Laud, Miland Bravo and Alex Racho outplayed team Jonzlibz in the up the ladder finals to pocket P10,000.
Diagold placed third at the end of the 12-team elimination round. They went on to beat number two seed Jamia Bowlers to earn a trip to the finals next to top seed Jonzlibz which had a twice-to-beat edge. Consistent pinfalls keyed Diagold’s victory as they bested Jonzlibz twice to bag this year’s prize.
Jamia Bowlers placed third while DACIDBA men wound-up fourth.
Barros who keyed Diagold’s victory also won the Masters Division champion leaving past teammate Baluyot, Jun Auza of Jamia and Sonny Gentiles of team A Spiky at second, third, and fourth places, respectively. He also bagged the highest individual average (117.50), highest individual single (154) and highest individual double (291) awards.
Barros and team Diagold also won the highest team single with 626 pinfalls.
Individual award was also given to Mathess Domino 93 (highest pinning) and team Jonzlibz 1,203 (highest team double).
The tournament was organized by the Sunday Bowlers Club as part of the annual Kadayawan sportsfest.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos