The flag at City Hall grounds will fly half-mast on Wednesday next week, Aug. 20.
This honor is to remember the late City Treasurer Erwin Alparaque, 57, who passed away last Aug. 10 after a four-day battle with cerebral aneurysm.
The city councilors passed a resolution on Tuesday expressing their condolences to the bereaved family as they honored his contributions to the city, having dedicated 33 years of public service. The resolution was authored by Councilor Pilar Braga.
“His years in the service were handled with dedication, efficiency, competency, industry, honesty and integrity, and kindheartedness as witnessed by his superiors, co-workers, subordinates, and those who knew him,” Braga said in her privilege speech.
Alparaque was the assistant city treasurer and became the chief of the Business Bureau. He also became an acting city administrator then the chief of the Human Resource Management Office.
Last Feb. 14, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III signed his appointment as city treasurer.
Last Sunday night, Aug. 11, President Rodrigo Duterte visited the wake of Alparaque at the Cosmopolitan Funeral Homes in Camus Street. Duterte also condoled with the surviving family.
Alparaque, accordingly, was instrumental in helping the campaign as one of the President’s action man in his campaign last 2016. His interment will be on Aug. 20 at Forest Lake, in Barangay Ma-a.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success