The flag at City Hall grounds will fly half-mast on Wednesday next week, Aug. 20.
This honor is to remember the late City Treasurer Erwin Alparaque, 57, who passed away last Aug. 10 after a four-day battle with cerebral aneurysm.
The city councilors passed a resolution on Tuesday expressing their condolences to the bereaved family as they honored his contributions to the city, having dedicated 33 years of public service. The resolution was authored by Councilor Pilar Braga.
“His years in the service were handled with dedication, efficiency, competency, industry, honesty and integrity, and kindheartedness as witnessed by his superiors, co-workers, subordinates, and those who knew him,” Braga said in her privilege speech.
Alparaque was the assistant city treasurer and became the chief of the Business Bureau. He also became an acting city administrator then the chief of the Human Resource Management Office.
Last Feb. 14, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III signed his appointment as city treasurer.
Last Sunday night, Aug. 11, President Rodrigo Duterte visited the wake of Alparaque at the Cosmopolitan Funeral Homes in Camus Street. Duterte also condoled with the surviving family.
Alparaque, accordingly, was instrumental in helping the campaign as one of the President’s action man in his campaign last 2016. His interment will be on Aug. 20 at Forest Lake, in Barangay Ma-a.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories