Four security guards were arrested for arms trafficking in two separate law enforcement operations in barangays Indangan and Mintal around 11 a.m. yesterday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group- Davao City Field Unit (CIDG- DCFU) head, identified one of the suspects as Sario Butanlog, leader of the Butanlog criminal gang.
With him where Anthony Corpus and Alfie Doctor were arrested in Rock gas station in Barangay Indangan while Victor Panero was arrested in Bamboo Estates subdivision in Barangay Sto. Nino, Mintal.
The CIDG-Davao coordinated with the regional field office and the Buhangin Police Station for the entrapment operations.
Confiscated from the three suspects were one .9mm caliber pistol with serial #161033; one magazine for 9mm pistol loaded five bullets; one unit .38 caliver revolver without serial number loaded with five bullets; caliber .38 revolver; and P1,000 cash.
Meanwhile, recovered from Panero was one .38 caliber revolver without serial number but loaded with four live bullets, along with P500 in cash.
Driz said suspects are members of a newly identified criminal group engaged in gunrunning and illegal drugs in Davao City and adjacent areas.
“The Davao City Field Unit adheres to the mandate to eliminate loose firearms in Davao City and neighboring provinces,” she added.
“Let us urge and encourage our public to continue to report to CIDG any proliferation of illegal activities within the Davao region,” she further said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market