On its 34th Year, the Kadayawan Festival has graduated to more forms of art than one can imagine. When in the past it was mostly a feast of fruits and flowers, with everyone just waiting for the Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan or Street Dancing and Floral Fruit parade with the Hiyas ng Kadayawan., now we see various products from the three Davao Provinces, the eleven tribes of Davao, painters of several media, fashion design and even ethnic jewelry. The richness of Mindanawon culture has never seen such explosion of art and culture.
With these seemingly inexhaustible sources of inspiration for our painters and artists, Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao chose to feature painter Elenita Dumlao and Accessories artist Kathryn Fanlo. Sharing the limelight at the Kadayawan Launch on Thursday, August 08, 2019 was a Kadyawan Floristry by Cameo, Jade Polizon.
Artist Elenita Dumlao says life is all about light and darkness. She chose light as her subject as she sees life in the brighter side of things. Her paintings reflect this expression and choice of colors that make walls and living rooms alive.
Accessories artist Kathryn Fanlo gets her inspiration from the weavers, as she observes that weaving is a dying form of art and livelihood. From woven materials, which is oftentimes the source of history and tradition, she interprets these in her accessories such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets, kerchiefs and other pieces of jewelry.
A Ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to launch the Kadayawan Festival at Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao, Led by Hotel General Manager Brian Lasala, Sales & Marketing Manager Jennifer Romero and invited personalities Myrna Dalodo-Ortiz, Councilor Pilar Braga, Dr. Luz Pm Acosta-Barrientos and the featured artists.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success