A proposal to forge a sisterhood agreement between the city and the Chongqing Municipality in China was discussed at the City Council.
In his privilege speech, Councilor Javi Campos, chair of the Committee on International Relations, said the idea of the sisterhood agreement came about after a diplomatic meeting with the Consul General Li Lin of the Republic of China.
Campos said among the issues discussed was the “cooperation in the field of trade and commerce, education, arts and culture, agriculture and health.”
On August 15, 11 member-delegation led by Vice Mayor Xiong Xue of Chongqing Municipal People’s Government will arrive in the city to kick off its campaign for the agreement and to show goodwill to the people of the city.
As part of the sisterhood agreement, Chongqing may establish an industrial park in the city.
“And so as we endeavor to process the sisterhood agreement with Chongqing, there is a chance of doing a China-Davao Industrial Park in the future among other areas of collaboration after fully discussing with them tangible areas of cooperation,” said Campos.
Other than Davao, Chongqing is also trying to become an integral part of global industrial landscape and eyes to establish the full swing construction of international industrial parks, including China-Germany, China-UK, China-Israel, China-Italy, China-Switzerland, China-South Korea and China-Japan Industrial Parks.
Once approved, Chongqing will become the third “sister” of the city in China after it signed agreements with Jinjiang and Nanning City.
Chongging is a major municipality in Southwest China. It has jurisdiction over 38 districts and counties with a population of 31.02 million permanent residents and 65.5% urbanization rate.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission