DVR or Davao Vinyl Records is a group formed by Jerry Yap as a page on Facebook in April, 2014. The avid vinyl collector opened the page out of curiosity if there is still an interest in vinyl records and if there are collectors like himself here in Davao City.
Those questions were answered as the number of members grew to 906 today. On this FB page, members are welcome to post their favorite LPs, as well as sell vinyl records, and equipment related to playing records such as amplifiers, speakers, turntables, etc. Their first record fair was held on May 1, 2019 at Zero 82 Restobar, Torres Prime Square. Vinyl records were on sale, as well as some CDs and cassette tapes.
The recent 2nd DVR 4-day Record Fair was held at Abreeza last Aug. 2-5, 2019.
Some of the DVR members are:
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized