DVR or Davao Vinyl Records is a group formed by Jerry Yap as a page on Facebook in April, 2014. The avid vinyl collector opened the page out of curiosity if there is still an interest in vinyl records and if there are collectors like himself here in Davao City.
Those questions were answered as the number of members grew to 906 today. On this FB page, members are welcome to post their favorite LPs, as well as sell vinyl records, and equipment related to playing records such as amplifiers, speakers, turntables, etc. Their first record fair was held on May 1, 2019 at Zero 82 Restobar, Torres Prime Square. Vinyl records were on sale, as well as some CDs and cassette tapes.
The recent 2nd DVR 4-day Record Fair was held at Abreeza last Aug. 2-5, 2019.
Some of the DVR members are:
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village