An M60 machine gun and a Steyr Aug bullpop rifle were recovered following a clash in Mount Marbao, Barangay Kematu, Tboli, South Cotabato on Aug. 11.
1Lt Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 27th Infantry Battalion, said troops responded to the report from residents about the location of the firearms stashed away by New People’s Army.
Reportedly, the firearms will be used in the plan to attack a nearby banana plantation.
It can be recalled that on Aug. 9, three NPA members surrendered to the 27th IB. They belonged to Platoon Brigol, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region.
“Communities and business establishment should be spared from any attack,” Lt. Col. Jones Otida, commander of the 27th IB, said.
“We appreciate the unending support of the community in tipping off the presence of the communist terrorist group. Through these efforts, we endeavor to achieve peace and development in the community,” Otida said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success