An M60 machine gun and a Steyr Aug bullpop rifle were recovered following a clash in Mount Marbao, Barangay Kematu, Tboli, South Cotabato on Aug. 11.
1Lt Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 27th Infantry Battalion, said troops responded to the report from residents about the location of the firearms stashed away by New People’s Army.
Reportedly, the firearms will be used in the plan to attack a nearby banana plantation.
It can be recalled that on Aug. 9, three NPA members surrendered to the 27th IB. They belonged to Platoon Brigol, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region.
“Communities and business establishment should be spared from any attack,” Lt. Col. Jones Otida, commander of the 27th IB, said.
“We appreciate the unending support of the community in tipping off the presence of the communist terrorist group. Through these efforts, we endeavor to achieve peace and development in the community,” Otida said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat