An M60 machine gun and a Steyr Aug bullpop rifle were recovered following a clash in Mount Marbao, Barangay Kematu, Tboli, South Cotabato on Aug. 11.
1Lt Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 27th Infantry Battalion, said troops responded to the report from residents about the location of the firearms stashed away by New People’s Army.
Reportedly, the firearms will be used in the plan to attack a nearby banana plantation.
It can be recalled that on Aug. 9, three NPA members surrendered to the 27th IB. They belonged to Platoon Brigol, Guerilla Front Musa, Far South Mindanao Region.
“Communities and business establishment should be spared from any attack,” Lt. Col. Jones Otida, commander of the 27th IB, said.
“We appreciate the unending support of the community in tipping off the presence of the communist terrorist group. Through these efforts, we endeavor to achieve peace and development in the community,” Otida said.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC