The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the local government sought the approval of the city council for the road widening and installation of traffic signal lights from Diversion road to Toril.
The DPWH XI and the city government will enter into a memorandum of agreement on the project with a budget of P268.12 million.
Based on the proposed MOA, the city government will complete the traffic signalization and undertake the management, maintenance, and expenses, as well as other works for the said traffic signalization project.
Meanwhile, the DPWH will ensure the “prompt implementation of the road widening and installation of traffic signalization.”
The city will also shoulder the repair of any damaged part within one year after the turnover before issuing a certificate of completion on the succeeding years.
The local government will also see to it that no vendors, vagrants, beggars, among others, will be allowed to occupy the area where the traffic signalization will be installed after the turnover by the DPWH.
The city council passed the said MOA on first reading last Aug. 6 during the regular session.
The proposal is being deliberated by the committee on public works and highways.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market