The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the local government sought the approval of the city council for the road widening and installation of traffic signal lights from Diversion road to Toril.
The DPWH XI and the city government will enter into a memorandum of agreement on the project with a budget of P268.12 million.
Based on the proposed MOA, the city government will complete the traffic signalization and undertake the management, maintenance, and expenses, as well as other works for the said traffic signalization project.
Meanwhile, the DPWH will ensure the “prompt implementation of the road widening and installation of traffic signalization.”
The city will also shoulder the repair of any damaged part within one year after the turnover before issuing a certificate of completion on the succeeding years.
The local government will also see to it that no vendors, vagrants, beggars, among others, will be allowed to occupy the area where the traffic signalization will be installed after the turnover by the DPWH.
The city council passed the said MOA on first reading last Aug. 6 during the regular session.
The proposal is being deliberated by the committee on public works and highways.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year