A fisherman was detained over a bomb joke at the joint checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect was identified as Raymond Santosidad, 44, a resident of Gutierrez village in Barangay Sirawan.
According to the report of the Toril Police Station, authorities were inspecting passengers of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The fisherman was asked to show the contents of two pails being secured with used cloth.
Allegedly, Santosidad jokingly told the police and soldiers that they contained a bomb and weapons.
He was brought to the Toril Police Station to face a case in violation of Presidential Decree 1727 (Anti-Bomb Joke Law).
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?