A fisherman was detained over a bomb joke at the joint checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect was identified as Raymond Santosidad, 44, a resident of Gutierrez village in Barangay Sirawan.
According to the report of the Toril Police Station, authorities were inspecting passengers of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The fisherman was asked to show the contents of two pails being secured with used cloth.
Allegedly, Santosidad jokingly told the police and soldiers that they contained a bomb and weapons.
He was brought to the Toril Police Station to face a case in violation of Presidential Decree 1727 (Anti-Bomb Joke Law).
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1