A fisherman was detained over a bomb joke at the joint checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect was identified as Raymond Santosidad, 44, a resident of Gutierrez village in Barangay Sirawan.
According to the report of the Toril Police Station, authorities were inspecting passengers of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The fisherman was asked to show the contents of two pails being secured with used cloth.
Allegedly, Santosidad jokingly told the police and soldiers that they contained a bomb and weapons.
He was brought to the Toril Police Station to face a case in violation of Presidential Decree 1727 (Anti-Bomb Joke Law).
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission