A fisherman was detained over a bomb joke at the joint checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect was identified as Raymond Santosidad, 44, a resident of Gutierrez village in Barangay Sirawan.
According to the report of the Toril Police Station, authorities were inspecting passengers of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The fisherman was asked to show the contents of two pails being secured with used cloth.
Allegedly, Santosidad jokingly told the police and soldiers that they contained a bomb and weapons.
He was brought to the Toril Police Station to face a case in violation of Presidential Decree 1727 (Anti-Bomb Joke Law).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories