Davao City – De La Salle University Green Archers bagged its second win Monday night (August 12, 2019) beating the Southwestern University Phinma Cobras, 65-59 in the ongoing 34th Kadayawan Invitational basketball tournament played at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
Amaduo Ndiave anchored the Green Archers win scoring 16 points mostly on the shaded lane while the pair of Encho Serrano and Gabe Capacio added 12 and 10 baskets each as the defending Kadayawan hoop champs took an early lead, 35-17 and never looked back.
The Green Archers coached by Jermaine Byrd and Glen Nazario took an 18-7 lead with Aljun Melecio, Joel Cagulangan and Justin Baltazar on fast break plays. Francis Escandor along with Raphael Cu also did their share on the defensive side clamping on the Cobras import Lamine Thiam and shooters Shaquille Imperial and William Polican.
Thiam still managed to score 24 points to lead the Cobras but got less help from his teammates with Red Cachuela only in double figures with 13.
Other members of the Green Archers squad include Jordan Bartlett, Andrei Caracut, Keyshawn Evans, Joshua David, Gabe Capacio, Joaqui Manuel, Donn Lim, Brandon Bates and James Laput.
The National University Bulldogs notch its first win after beating the University of the Visayas Green Lancers, 87-71. Balance scoring did it for the Bulldogs with John Clemente and Mike Malonzo leading with 11 and 10 points.
Issa Gaye and Shawn Ildefonso also added nine basket each as Jamike Jarin’s wards opened a 23-3 mark all the way for the win.
The Green Archers are playing the Green Lancers while the Bulldogs battle the Cobras as of presstime (August 13, 2019).
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village