The Mindanao Trade Expo (MTE) sa Kadayawan 2019 opened at the Abreeza Ayala Mall over the weekend after a series of product development interventions last month.
The MTE was officially launched last Saturday and will run until Wednesday featuring improved products of local entrepreneurs.
The schedule of the event was strategic as it coincided with the Kadayawan Festival celebration as organizers wanted to entice more visitors so the latter can be enticed to buy these products.
Based on the information from the organizers, last June and July, all participating micro, small and medium enterprise (MSMEs) underwent product development training initiated by the Mindanao Trade Expo Foundation, In. (MTEFI) in partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
The training sessions aimed to provide new opportunities for the local entrepreneurs to explore further in developing their products.
For this year’s expo, the MTEFI sets another goal that is to reinforce the market linkages of the exhibitors as well as to expand their product line to meet the demand of both domestic and foreign buyers.
“It is our hope that MTE 2019 will once again provide an opportunity for our exhibitors to penetrate new markets and strengthen existing ones, while highlighting the island region’s rich culture, traditions and history,” MTEFI president Rosevic del Rosario Cembrano.
The 24th edition of MTE is showcasing distinctive raw materials traditionally produced by indigenous communities in Mindanao. “We all share collective vision to ensure that all of those who are taking part of the MTE shall achieve the same level of success as their more established counterparts,” del Rosario Cembrano said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again