Police arrested a total of 179 drug suspects in the region for the month of July.
The Police Regional Office XI reported that they conducted a total of 143 anti-drug operations that also led to the death of two suspects who resisted arrest.
Most of the operations were conducted by the Davao City Police Office with 86, followed by Davao Del Norte with 20, Compostela Valley with 16, Davao Oriental with 11, Davao del Sur with 8. No data was given from Davao Occidental.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, Police Regional Director, said 44 of the arrested 179 suspect were in the drug watchlist.
Last month’s anti-illegal drugs drive resulted to a higher arrest compared to the previous year where 161 suspects were arrested in 127 operations.
The police accomplishment report stated that the two who were killed in the operation conducted by the DCPO opted to fight the police operatives instead of just yielding. Three firearms were also confiscated in the operation.
Furthermore, two Tokhang activities were also conducted with four suspected drug players gave up. In Tokhang, police visited the house of suspected drug pushers, mostly low-valued targets, and urged them to stop their illegal trade.
Police seized a total of 40 grams of shabu and 74 grams of marijuana. The amount of the confiscated illegal drugs was not stated.
Among the notable accomplishment on this period was the arrest of Emmanuel Lalican, 34, a former prison guard of Davao Penal Colony in Panabo City, Davao del Norte who was a transient resident of Boulevard, Barangay 31-D.
Morales said the accomplishment is mainly due to the PRO’s aggressive campaign against illegal drugs in cooperation with the respected barangay anti-drug council.
“I believe that the drive against illegal drugs, criminality and corruption will not succeed without the LGUs (local government units), national government and communities working together,” he said.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?