The chief executive of Sto. Tomas town in Davao del Norte promised an honest, clean, and transparent administration.
In his first month of service, Mayor Ernesto Evangelista claimed that he created an action committee to review the report of the Commission on Audit regarding the local government unit. The aim of the committee is to resolve specific issues pointed out in the report.
He said the action committee seeks to prevent misuse and abuse of public funds during his term.
The committee is headed by the different department heads who will answer directly to the mayor himself.
Meanwhile, Evangelista promoted the 16th Araw ng Sto. Tomas, during the Kapihan sa PIA last Friday, next week.
Some of the highlights in the upcoming celebration include: LTO free registration this Aug. 10; motorcross competition on Aug. 11; Bb. Sto. Tomas 2019 on Aug. 15, and a special event prepared by the municipality for the youths of Sto. Tomas PWD’s and LGBTQ community.
According to Mayor Evangelista, one of their priorities is to keep the community safe from any harm during the celebration “ I have instructed the PNP to gather for peace and order, especially since we are preparing for the Araw ng Sto. Tomas.” Phoebe Vione T. Ipal, Josephine S. Andon, James Gabriel Malit and Kyle Quia/UM Interns
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market