The visiting University of the Visayas Green Lancers are in town to be part of the four-day 2019 Kadayawan Invitational basketball tournament set to tip off on Sunday, August 11 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
It can be best remembered that the UV Lancers under coach Garry Cortes won the Visayas-Mindanao title in last season’s PCCL (Philippine Collegiate Champions League) where the city hosted its matches at the DCRC and at the Arcadia basketball court.
On its roster for the Green Lancers who wound-up first runner-up in the recent CESAFI 2019 season are Sheldon Gahi, Geliant Delator, Gabriel Cometa, Jancork Cabahug, Las Coulibaly, Melvin Butohan, Jesil Tarrosa, Michael Maestre, Gabriel Cometa, Archie Buscay and Joshua Gellicone with Junnel Maglasang as assistant coach.
The Green Lancers will play against current CESAFI champion Southwestern University Phinma Cobras and the UAAP’s De La Salle Green Archers and National University Bulldogs.
Cash prizes await the winners in the four-day tournament which will be officiated by the SBP-XI chapter.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year