The GMA Kapuso Foundation’s Bridge of Hope in Barangay Mapula, Paquibato will be the chief beneficiary of this year’s Hunat Dabaw 7 Bubble Fun Run for a Cause set to reel off this September 8, 2019 on an out and back course starting at the Royal Mandaya Hotel along Palma Gil Street.
“That’s why we call this year’s run Hunat Dabaw 7 Bubble Fun Run for A Cause: “Takbo Para sa Tulay ng Pagbabago sa Paquibato” as we will donate 100 percent of the proceeds for the construction of the Bridge of Hope. It would significantly benefit the indigenous people in that community,” said Royal Mandaya Hotel general manager Benjamen Banzon Jr. on Friday’s (August 9, 2019) press launching.
Banzon came to the launch along with Rikki Escudero-Catibog of the GMA Kapuso Foundation, race director Rey Sumagaysay and racer chairman Megzyl Rose Jolejole.
“It will be the first Kapuso Bridge of Hope in Mindanao. We had the ground breaking last June 29 and we hope to finish the bridge by November 26 this year,” said Escudero-Catibog adding that the Paquibato area was featured in the television program initiated by multi-awarded broadcaster Jesica Sojo which saw the need of a bridge for people to traverse from their area.
Some 3,500 running enthusiasts from Davao City and its neighboring cities and provinces are expected to join the three kilometer, five kilometer and 10 kolomter race routes.
Registration is ongoing pegged at P570 for 10K, P520 for 5K and P470 for 3K inclusive of a race singlet, race bib, breakfast buffet and raffle coupon for a chance to win items during the awarding ceremonies.
Registration forms are available at the Royal Mandaya Hotel frontdesk along with registration satellites located at the SM City Davao Annex at Ecoland (10 a.m. to 9 p.m. ) and at the Gaisano Mall of Davao 2nd floor (10 a.m. to 7 p.m. )
Cash prizes will be given to the top three division winners with special awards to the biggest delegation, five bare foot runners, PWD runners, youngest and oldest runners.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year