Fresh from winning the CESAFI 2019 crown last weekend, the visiting Southwestern University-Phinma Cobras are gearing up for their stint on this weekend’s 2019 Kadayawan Invitational basketball tournament which tips off at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
Mike Reyes and the gang will take on CESAFI rival and finalist University of the Visayas Green Lancers along with De La Salle University Green Archers and the National University Bulldogs of the UAAP on the four-day league which starts August 11 to 14 presented by the City Government of Davao, Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Region XI chapter, The Royal Mandaya Hotel and Matina Enclaves.
CESAFI 2019 Most Valuable Player (MVP) Lamine Thiam is expected to lead the Cobra’s charge along with its cast having Imperial Sir Shaquille, Kenneth Macasarte, Harvey Sanchez, Ramish Alforque, Heider Bilao, Throy Cabahug, Rhey Ian Boc, William Polican, Red Louis Cachuela, King Matthew Cabansay, Louie Jay Nazareno, Gerald Fernandez, Alynn Dyll Roncal and John Joseph Evardo.
“The winning momentum will still be at their side fresh after winning the CESAFI tournament while the UV Green Lancers will try to redeem themselves,” Cebu City veteran sports columnist Jun Migallen said upon learning the Cobras and Green Lancers will be in town for the Kadayawan Invitational basketball.
The opening ceremonies will be at 4:30 p.m. Gametime starts at 5 p.m.
The champion team will be receiving P100,000 while the first runner-up will get P60,000. The second and third runners-up will bring home P40,000 and P30,000, respectively. The best coach and most valuable player (MVP) of the tournament will be receiving P5,000 each.
Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio and Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte, Congressman Pulong Duterte along with SBP-XI regional director Glen Escandor, SBP regional commissioner Atty. Francis Calatrava are expected to grace the opening rites highlighting the traditional ceremonial tip off.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month