Some 1,000 entries coming from 25 countries worldwide are to show their wares when the 34th Kadayawan festivities hold its first-ever International Dancesports competition set this August 25 at the SMX Lanang Convention Center.
“It will be historic as Davao City will be the first to host this international competition featuring the world’s best. Special thanks to the Department of Tourism and PAGCOR for the big support,” said Jeanette Ortiz, organizer of the event in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum held at the SM City Davao Annex.
To highlight the event, the top 10 world champion professional ballroom dancers will be in town to showcase Latin and Modern style international dances.
“We are also happy that kids are also joining the competition especially from the public schools. As of August 8, Thursday, 150 children from all over the country certified their intent to join,” Ortiz added.
Ortiz also came to the weekly sports gab along with world champion ballroom and Hong Kong-based dancer Ezekiel Vargas who was in town for the two-day dance seminar along with noted international dancesport instructor Dennis Bunayog.
Vargas, Bunayog along with Ortiz are in the two-day dance seminar from August 8 and 9 held at the SM City Davao Annex that features children mostly from the public and private schools based in the region.
“We are happy to teach the kids develop their skills during the two-day dance seminar,” said Vargas who is also a member of the Philippine contingent in international competitions.
“The seminar will polish the kids skills prior for them to join the international competition,” Bunayog added. (Jon Develos with reports from James Gabriel Malit/UM Intern)
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021