The JCI (Junior Chambers International) Kadayawan timely will host its first Fun Run activity set this August 18 on an out and back course starting at the city-renowned People’s Park grounds.
Maja Theresa Magpayo of the JCI Kadayawan Chapter on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum, bared that some 1,000 expected entries are expected to answer the starting gun which will start at 6 a.m.
These entries will see action 21-kilometer, 10-kilometer, five kilometer and three kilometer race routes which medals and cash prizes are at stake for the top three finishers.
“From the People’s Park that race will traverse to Quirino and Sta. Ana Avenue going to Sta. Ana Wharf to Cabaguio on to Barangay Sasa and back. Turning points will also be set by marshals for respective routes. Water stations and police security will also be at hand to assists the participants,” added race director Junater Dulpina.
Registration is still ongoing pegged at P1,350 for the 21K and 10K routes, P650 for the 5K and P450 for the 3K inclusive of a finisher’s medal, singlet and a meal.
Proceeds of the event will go to JCI Kadayawan’s beneficiaries that includes patients from the Marhalika Charity Foundation Incorporated, abused women and children of the DSWD and students from SPED Bangkal.
“Aside from the Fun Run, we will be having a Zumba Party for non-runners at the People’s Park which will add more color to the activity. Registration is at P350 inclusive of a singlet,” Magpayo added. (Jon Develos with reports from Phoebe Vione T. Ipal/UM Intern)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market