The JCI (Junior Chambers International) Kadayawan timely will host its first Fun Run activity set this August 18 on an out and back course starting at the city-renowned People’s Park grounds.
Maja Theresa Magpayo of the JCI Kadayawan Chapter on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum, bared that some 1,000 expected entries are expected to answer the starting gun which will start at 6 a.m.
These entries will see action 21-kilometer, 10-kilometer, five kilometer and three kilometer race routes which medals and cash prizes are at stake for the top three finishers.
“From the People’s Park that race will traverse to Quirino and Sta. Ana Avenue going to Sta. Ana Wharf to Cabaguio on to Barangay Sasa and back. Turning points will also be set by marshals for respective routes. Water stations and police security will also be at hand to assists the participants,” added race director Junater Dulpina.
Registration is still ongoing pegged at P1,350 for the 21K and 10K routes, P650 for the 5K and P450 for the 3K inclusive of a finisher’s medal, singlet and a meal.
Proceeds of the event will go to JCI Kadayawan’s beneficiaries that includes patients from the Marhalika Charity Foundation Incorporated, abused women and children of the DSWD and students from SPED Bangkal.
“Aside from the Fun Run, we will be having a Zumba Party for non-runners at the People’s Park which will add more color to the activity. Registration is at P350 inclusive of a singlet,” Magpayo added. (Jon Develos with reports from Phoebe Vione T. Ipal/UM Intern)
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized