Seven barangays of San Fernando and Kitaotao in Bukidnon declared the New People’s Army persona non grata during the two-day event on Wednesday.
Troops of 89th Infantry battalion culminated its community support program activities in barangays Kalagangan, Cabuling, Durian and Matupe in San Ferdnando and Digongan, Panganan and Kiolom in Kitaotao with a two-day mini Serbisyo Caravan and Grand Pulong Pulong.
The program was highlighted by the following:
1. Testimonies of the members of the Komiting Rebulosyonaryo sa Municipalidad (KRM) about the deception of the New People’s Army and the continued exploitation of the Lumads;
2. Ceremonial signing of withdrawal of support for the NPA
3. Oath of allegiance to the government by former KRM members
4. Tribal ritual on cutting of ties by KRM Lumads
5. Ceremonial signing declaring the CPP-NDF-NPA persona non grata
6. Burning of the CPP-NPA flag
In an interview, Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said only members of the KRM and Ugmo (underground mass organization) withdrew their membership and support to the Communist Party of the Philippines.
“They all say that they were all deceived. They were made to believe that by joining or supporting the CPP-NPA their problems or issues in their respective areas will be solved. Issues like usury, agri-production, farm output, wages, rent among others,” he further said.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?