Seven barangays of San Fernando and Kitaotao in Bukidnon declared the New People’s Army persona non grata during the two-day event on Wednesday.
Troops of 89th Infantry battalion culminated its community support program activities in barangays Kalagangan, Cabuling, Durian and Matupe in San Ferdnando and Digongan, Panganan and Kiolom in Kitaotao with a two-day mini Serbisyo Caravan and Grand Pulong Pulong.
The program was highlighted by the following:
1. Testimonies of the members of the Komiting Rebulosyonaryo sa Municipalidad (KRM) about the deception of the New People’s Army and the continued exploitation of the Lumads;
2. Ceremonial signing of withdrawal of support for the NPA
3. Oath of allegiance to the government by former KRM members
4. Tribal ritual on cutting of ties by KRM Lumads
5. Ceremonial signing declaring the CPP-NDF-NPA persona non grata
6. Burning of the CPP-NPA flag
In an interview, Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said only members of the KRM and Ugmo (underground mass organization) withdrew their membership and support to the Communist Party of the Philippines.
“They all say that they were all deceived. They were made to believe that by joining or supporting the CPP-NPA their problems or issues in their respective areas will be solved. Issues like usury, agri-production, farm output, wages, rent among others,” he further said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art