A record setting 22 teams are seen to take part in this year’s Kadayawan Dragon Boat Festival which reels off in grand rites this August 20 and 11 at the Sta. Ana Warf, Magsaysay Avenue.
“We are happy with the turnout of the participating teams from all over the country,” bared organizer Clarice Jane Calolot on Thursday’s (August 8, 2019) Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao Annex.
Calolot bared that the two-day Kadayawan Dragon Boat Festival will be officiated by the Philippine Canoe Kayak and Dragon Boat Federation (PCKDF) and accredited by the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC). The race will comply with ICF competitions regulations and will be under the ICF rules of racing.
Seeing action in this year’s competition are teams Amihan (Davao City), Bakunawa DBT (Iligan City), Bernardo Carpio National High School DBT (Davao City), Philippine Blue Phoenix DBT (Metro Manila), Boracay Dragonforce (Boracay, Malay, Aclan), Brave Heart DBT (Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental), Bugsay Marajao (Surigao City), Dragon Warriors Davao (Davao City), Dragons Del Sur DBT (Davao City), Habagat DBT (Davao City), Hiraya Minokawa Dabaw (Davao City), Kampilan DBT (Davao City), Kujaw Tiger Dragons (Cortes, Surigao del Sur), Pearl Farm Paddlers (Samal, Davao del Norte), Philippine Titans DBT (Metro Manila), Polillo DBT (Polillo, Quezon), Ricspeed DBT (Davao City), Riptide DBT (Metro Manila), Sag-1DBT (Metro Manila), Samal Dragons (Samal, Davao del Norte) and the United Paddlers Club Philippines (Metro Manila).
These teams will compete in the Open Standard Boat (22 racers), Open Small Boat (12 racers), Mixed Standard Boat (22 racers), Mixed Small Boat (12 racers) and Women’s Small Boat (12 racers).
Cash prizes will be at stake for the winners with the Open Standard Boat and Mixed Standard Boat champions getting P50,000. The first and second runners-up on all race categories will also receive cash prizes.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again