First District Rep. Paolo Duterte yesterday said he is honored to be adopted by a major political party.
The presidential son is also open to join other political parties if he receives an invitation.
“I am honored to have been adopted by the National Unity Party, one of the biggest political organizations in the country,” said Duterte in a statement released yesterday. “To all other political groups out there, I am still up for adoption!”
Duterte chairs the local party Hugpong sa Tawong Lungsod, a sister party of the Hugpong sa Pagbabago that Mayor Sara Duterte, Paolo’s sister, chairs.
His adoption is relevant to his duty in the House, he said.
“As the House Deputy Speaker for Political Affairs, my main task is to unify all members of Congress towards a common goal — that is to improve the lives of the Filipino people,” he said.
The neophyte congressman was appointed the house deputy speaker for political affairs by House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano as part of the term-sharing agreement to break the impasse in Congress. The former vice mayor won last May’s election after running unopposed.
“I am new to this national political arena, yet many of my colleagues wanted me to join their respective political groups,” he added.
“If being adopted by most, if not all, political parties is to be of service to the people, then I am more than willing to join all of you,” he said.
“In unity there is strength. Let us show the Filipino people that we can all be united towards one common goal. This would be a first in Philippine politics, and it happened under the Duterte administration,” the statement added.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant