Davao City – It will be free admission for all local basketball fans who wants to watch the much-anticipated 2019 Kadayawan Invitational basketball tournament which will start this August 11 to 14 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym).
“This will be a four-day basketball event and it will be free admission for Davaoenos to watch in celebration for this year’s Kadayawan festivities,” said SBP-XI regional operations head Ronnel Leuterio.
Local basketball fans will get to watch two teams from the UAAP and two squads from the CESAFI square off for this year’s champion trophy and cash prizes reaching P240,000.
Last year’s champion De La Salle University Green Archers and the National University Bulldogs of the UAAP face CESAFI’s recent champion Southwestern University-Phinma Cobras and runner-up University of the Visayas Green Lancers.
The opening ceremonies will be at 4:30 p.m. Gametime starts at 5 p.m.
The four-day tournament is presented by the City Government of Davao, the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Region XI chapter, the Royal Mandaya Hotel and Matina Enclaves.
The champion team will be receiving P100,000 while the first runner-up will get P60,000. The second and third runners-up will bring home P40,000 and P30,000, respectively. The best coach and most valuable player (MVP) of the tournament will be receiving P5,000 each.
Mayor Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio and Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte, Congressman Pulong Duterte along with SBP-XI regional director Glen Escandor, SBP regional commissioner Atty. Francis Calatrava are expected to grace the opening rites highlighting the traditional ceremonial tip off.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead